“Life is a great big canvas; throw all the paint you can at it.” Danny Kaye
Stop for a moment and look at the canvas that is your life. Sure it might have had some worn edges, it may even have had some stains on it, it may even have been patched together in places but the interesting thing about your life’s canvas is that you can chose to look at as worn and disheveled or see it each day as a fresh new canvas just waiting for colour to be added.
It really is all about the way you think about it. I am sure if you stopped right now and believed that your life was a blank canvas with you as the master painter you would find new eyes to look at your life.
- Think of yourself as a master painter. Feel free to liken yourself to one of the world’s great painters or an undiscovered new talent.
- Start each day anew; remembering that each new day brings with it a brand new canvas, fresh with no mistakes.
- Visualise how you want your day (canvas) to be and choose the colours you want to create your day’s masterpiece with.
- As you go about your day open your eyes and observe the beauty of colour around you and think how you can use these colours on your canvas. Remember you are in the business of creating a masterpiece
- Splash the colours on your masterpiece to bring it to life.
- At the end of the day reflect on the beauty of the day’s canvas, observe the colours, the brush strokes and images that came together to bring the canvas to life. Now hang up the days canvas and allow its images to become part of your memories because you will get a new canvas to play with tomorrow
The only question that remains is how colourful is your canvas?